Question: How do I make deviled eggs?
Answer: Keep reading this post!
In this week’s post, I am going to reveal my recipe for making Deviled Eggs. Is mine the only way? No, but it is the best way 🙂 I am kidding, of course, but like many recipes, there is more than one way to make things and Deviled Eggs is no exception. This is how I do it. YMMV.
- Eggs (for this recipe, I used 1-dozen eggs)
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1 TBSP coarse mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste (for this recipe, I use an all-purpose seasoning
- 1 Zip-Lock bag
- Kitchen Scissors
- Start by baking / boiling the eggs and then peeling them. If you need a refresher on how to bake / boil eggs, check out our Blog Post here
- Cut the eggs in half, long ways and lay them out on a tray or a dish made for deviled eggs
- Scoop the yolks out into a bowl
- Using a fork, mash the yolks until it resembles the picture below. The yolks should be completely separated with no “chunks”
- Add the mayo, mustard and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly using the fork. If the mix seems dry, mix in 1 TBSP of mayo; repeat until desired consistency is achieved
- When done, the mixture should look like the picture below
- Scoop the mixture into the Zip-Lock bag
- Close-up the Zip-Lock and cut the corner off to create a makeshift pastry bag
- Using the makeshift pastry bag, pipe the mixture into the empty eggs. You may have some mixture left over
- Top the eggs with Paprika
Do you have a Deviled Egg recipe that you use? Share it with us in the comments!